Zoning Code | Application Forms

Hello! Content on this website is provided as a convenience and is for informational use only. Be sure to review the Terms of Use for all of the details related to your use of this website.
Forms All of the application forms related to land development are listed below. If you are looking for building permit forms, you are won't find them here, because they are posted here.

Application Fees The Village Board has established various review fees to cover the Village's administrative costs. A check, made payable to the Village of  Germantown, should be included with your application.

Submittal Deadlines Some applications can be submitted at anytime. Others need to be submitted before a certain time, and determined to be complete, so they can be added to a meeting agenda. Because of that, you may want to submit your application before the deadline. That way, we can let you know if anything is missing and you'll have some time to perhaps get it done before the deadline.
Review Procedures Once an application is submitted, staff will review it to make sure it is complete. Once that determination has been made, it will be sent to the appropriate person or Village body that has the authority to review it and render a decision. Depending on the type of application, there may be just a couple of steps in the process, or many. Check out the Procedures
page, which describes each of the review procedures.

Pre-Application Meeting  Some of the review procedures require a pre-application meeting with staff to discuss what is being proposed, review submission requirements, and review the application and the review procedure.

Projects Requiring Multiple Reviews  Some projects will require a number of reviews. To the extent possible, we will try to schedule such reviews concurrently.

Digital Submittals Applications submitted to the department requiring Plan Commission review and approval must include a complete digital copy (in .PDF format) of all applications and supporting documents (including all plans, reports, surveys, etc.) that is either imprinted on a CD submitted at the time of application, or sent via e-mail attachment within 3 days after the date of application.
  1. Depending on the nature of the application, you may need to include supplemental materials. Be sure to include them with your submittal.
  2. Please take the time to provide the information that is requested. If your application is missing needed information, it could potentially delay the review of your application.

Questions If you have any questions or need any assistance in filling out a form, feel free to contact Jeffrey Retzlaff, Community Development Director, at 262-250-4735 or by email.

Berm Review

Berms are regulated pursuant to s. 17.57 of the Municipal Code. Some berms are exempt from review; most notably, berms that are less than 3 feet in height.

Certified Survey Map (CSM)

Use this form for a certified survey map under s. 18.06 of the Municipal Code.

Code Amendment

Use this form for an amendment to the text of the Zoning Code.

Comprehensive Plan Amendment

Use this form to propose an amendment of the Village's comprehensive plan. The proposed amendment may relate to the text or any map.

Conditional Use

Conditional uses are those land uses the must be reviewed on a case by case basis to determine if the proposed use is appropriate given the context, in terms of surrounding land uses, overall compatibility, and other factors.

Floodplain Determination

Use this form to get a written determination indicating if there is a wetland or floodplain on your property.

Historic Designation

Use this form to request the Village designate a specific property as historic under s. 17.00 of the Municipal Code.

Rezoning of Property

Use this form to propose a change to the existing zoning classification of a property.

Site Development and Building Plan Review

Site plans and buidling plans are reviewed pursuant to the procedures and requirements in s. 17.43 of the Municipal Code.

Subdivision Plat

Use this form to create a subdivision as defined in ss. 18.04 and 18.05 of the Municipal Code.

Temporary Sign Permit

Use this form for temporary banners (e.g., "Opening Soon" or "Grand Opening" banners and announcements by non-profit agencies or institutions).

Temporary Use Permit

Use this form to apply for those temporary uses listed in s. _____ of the Municipal Code.

Wetland Delineation Request (SEWRPC)

Use this form to request a wetland delineation by SEWRPC (Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission). For more information about this service see s. 24.04(2)(c) of the Municipal Code.

Zoning Board of Appeals

Use this form for the following actions (1) appeal an administrative decision, (2) apply for a variance, (3) request an interpretation of the zoning code and/or district boundaries of the zoning map, (4) apply for a temporary use permit, (5) apply for a determination for an unspecified or unclassified use, and (6) apply to substitute a more restrictive non-conforming use for an existing non-conforming use.

Zoning Compliance - Occupancy Permit

Use this form if you are undertaking any land-disturbing activity or are occupying an existing non-residential building.